Saturday, January 14, 2012

e.l.f. Essential Silver Box Eyeshadow Palette - Limited Edition

Copyright: eyeslipsface.com website   

























        Special Note: The photo above (Left) and on the side (Right)
are from the official e.l.f. website. As you will notice the photo's
taken from the e.l.f. website and the photo's taken of the product by
myself, do not match. The actual colors vary. Please consider reading
my blog and/or researching other beauty review blogs before you
purchase this and other products online.

Copyright: eyeslipsface.com website


                     

My Review:  


Copyright: Behind The Makeup EC




Copyright: Behind The Makeup EC





Smokey  #71363
Retail Price: $3.00
Retailer: Target
Copyright: Behind The Makeup EC

The above photo is a swatch of the top
row of colors in the palette. The first color,
is a beautiful sheer milky white cream color.
The second shade is like a sheer pinky purple
color. Lastly, the last top color pot is a deep
purple shade. It's sheer as well but like the
other sheer colors if you apply it well and
blend the colors well, you will have a beautiful
smoky look. You can create multiple looks with
this palette!



Copyright: Behind The Makeup EC





Below is a swatch of the palette.
It's the bottom row. The first color
is a grey sand color with shimmer.
The second color is a deep charcoal
color with shimmer. Lastly, the last
color is a gorgeous deep black color
with shimmer that I named, 'Starry Night'.
The black, "Starry Night' pot is what
originally caught my eye and I knew
immediately that I had to have this
palette for the black, 'Starry Night' color
alone!
Copyright: Behind The Makeup EC



I was shopping in my local Target before x-mas. I walking by an end cap in the beauty section. The end cap displayed E.L.F. Cosmetic 'Essential Silver Box Limited Edition' sets. The deep black, 'Starry Night' pot was the last shade in the palette and the first and only shade that caught my eye. Immediately, I stopped. I picked up the silver box and looked in total 'aw' at this gorgeous shade! It has a touch of shimmer. It was love at first sight. I had to have this palette. It's not everyday that you come across an eyeshadow like this shade. It was too good to pass up! This shade is a winner! It's the perfect shade for a glamorous evening look! You can also create a glamorous look for the day time, but, I mostly wanted this black for night time use. I looked over the rest of the palette. The entire palette is gorgeous. It has just the right colors to make a really nice smokey eye. I bought the palette. It was only $3.00. Very inexpensive price for a gorgeous well packaged eyeshadow palette. I love the sleek black packaging of the palette case. The case is a little bit difficult to open. You have to really be careful not to drop the palette trying to open it. That is my only complaint. It makes a great 'on the go' product. It fits easily in your purse and makeup bag. Very compact. It comes with tiny applicator brush. But, I would not recommend using the applicator brush to apply the product. It's too small. The brush bristles are too stiff. I would use your normal everyday eyeshadow brush. The eyeshadow blends nicely. The colors show up, even though they are sheer. I think the shadows create a more natural look being sheer. It's not too intense. You don't need to apply too much shadow to get the colors to show up on your eye lid. I used the 'E.L.F. Eyelid Primer' in 'Sheer' before I applied the eye shadows. The eye shadows lasted all day long. The shadows didn't crease.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               


No comments:

Post a Comment